In this article I’ll show you how to use Fast Fourier Transform in Digital Signal Processing and how to apply forward and inverse FFT on complex and real data using the KFR framework.
Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) can be used to perform:
- Convolution (including convolution reverberation)
- Cross-correlation and auto-correlation
- Applying large FIR filters
- Sample rate conversion
- Spectrum visualization
- Large integer multiplication
- and many other algorithms
Often FFT is the most efficient way to perform each of these algorithms.
Moreover, KFR has one of the most efficient FFT implementation, so you can get a great performance boost of your DSP applications using KFR’s FFT for all of these algorithms.